A guide about writing guides (Please read this before submitting a guide.)

A collection of great guides submitted by our members.
Admin
Site Admin

A guide about writing guides (Please read this before submitting a guide.)

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

A few things to keep in mind when writing a guide:

Format: Try to check out the large guides on this site to get an idea of a format for your guide. You can find many great guides on the left navigation menu. Just writing a paragraph does not make it a guide, also writing many paragraphs without section titles also makes the guide look very messy. Try to have sections for your guides, and keep your guides a bit longer than just one paragraph.

Spelling/Grammar/Style: Try to keep the spelling and grammar as correct as possible. Make sure your guide is easy to read. It's understandable though when you write a large guide, that there will be a few spelling mistakes, but try to avoid them as much as possible.

Originality: Please do not copy someone elses guide. If you would like to use a few parts from someone elses guide, ask them first. And please credit their name when you do post their information in your guide. Guides that are copies will be deleted and you will be warned.

Language: Please watch your language when writing guides. Try to not break any of the forum rules as they also apply to these guides.

Editing: The best way to make a great guide is to submit one, then take advice and make your own edits to the guide through the edit button on the forums. This way your guide can get better over time.

Finally the best advice I can give is, like I mentioned before, check out some of the larger guides on this site, for example the official site guides, like the M16A4, AK-47 guides or some of the large forum guides that were submitted, to get an idea of how to set up your guide.

Certain guides will be selected by these guidelines and by their quality to be linked directly from the left navigation menu on every page on the whole site. (A note: If your guide does not show up on the left navigation, it does not mean that it is not good, it just means there is already another guide about the same subject that was submitted before yours. Your guide will still be linked on other parts of the site.)

When you are done posting your guide, please post a reply to the "Guides Index" topic so that it may be added to the database of all of the other guides on this site.

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, or if I left something out, feel free to reply to this topic and let me know.

Thank you very much for your contributions, and to everyone that has submited a guide so far!
If you have any questions, please check out the Help Forum