It looks like the new supply drops in Modern Warfare Remastered are strictly cosmetic and all items can be unlocked organically, without opening drops.
Patch 1.06 which adds 6 new maps and 2 new game modes for free is now live on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The patch is 8.7 gigs on PS4 and 27GB on Xbox One.
The 6 new maps are:
- Bloc: Large Russian apartment bloc. Intense Domination matches.
- Countdown: Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering.
- Pipeline: Russian trainyard. Excellent team games.
- Showdown: Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players.
- Strike: Large urban desert town. Excellent team games.
- Wet Work: Medium-large cargo ship. Fast-paced Search and Destroy matches.
And a bonus Winter Crash map which is a dark and snowy holiday-themes crash has also been added. The original Winter Crash was PC only, so this is the first time console players will be able to play the map.
New winter themed camos have also been added.
Along with the holiday camos, a bunch of new personalization items are now available in Modern Warfare Remastered. Weapon camos, reticles, combat uniforms, emblems, calling cards and more, including brand-new characters which includes bringing women in uniform to the fight in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for the first time.
All of the new additions can be either bought with crafting currency called Parts, obtained in supply drops or you can also grind them if you want.
Full patch notes:
- Added Character Selection Options
- Added Character Combat Uniform Options
- Added Weapon Reticle Selection
- Added Cosmetic Weapon Kits
- Added Melee Weapons
- Displays Collections
- New Supply Drop System
New Multiplayer Maps
- Wet Work
- Winter Crash
- Gun Game
- “Alive Counter” added in Search and Destroy
- Allow Weapon Ping during a UAV in Hardcore
- Removed false XP modifier UI from Private Match and LAN
- Smoke Grenade VFX draw distance increased
- Weapon flinch and kick adjusted to match COD4
- Melee attack traces adjusted to match COD4
- USMC Sniper character model changed to more closely match CoD4
- Several modifications to bots
- Fixed “controller glitch” where the player’s weapon would continually fire
- Fixed issue with losing killstreaks while changing classes on round bases modes
- Fixed issue with third person emblem displaying improperly
- Fixed issue with attachment challenges not resetting upon prestige
- Fixed issue with the “Think Fast” medal applying from assisted suicides
- Fixed issue with arms changing in the Firing Range
- Fixed issue with switching teams in a match with limited lives
- Fixed issue with field of view with spectators
- Fixed issue with firing after spawning
- Fixed issue with grenade impact damage with headshots only enabled
- Fixed issue with Old School jump height in Firing Range
- Miscellaneous code changes